Vacation Wear Edit
This dress is a workhorse piece for me. I own it in black and cream and have been pulling for it now for two seasons. Paired it with these Prada platforms that are the perfect spring hue, and are a slightly different silhouette than other platforms I own.
Headed on Spring Break and wondering what to wear?
We’re here to help. I love traveling somewhere warm and sunny in the middle of winter. Even though Atlanta can be mild, going on a trip always gives me a good excuse to think through a capsule wardrobe (which, honestly, I adore). Getting dressed and packing for myself and the kids is *much* easier when I think through the vacation outfits I’ll wear ahead of time and how I’d like everyone to be styled. Below, some of the key pieces I’m thinking about and also, a little packing list that I hope is helpful as you head out on your own travels.
Vacation Wear: Dress Edit
If Separates Are More Your Thing
Shoes That Top Off Your Outfit
Resort Wear Swim & Coverups
Vacation Wear Accessories: Totes, Sunnies & Sun Hats
Last year I had the most fun putting together outfit guides by city. Whether you’re traveling to these same cities or somewhere similar, look no further for your vacation outfit inspiration. Here’s a high level guide and a short packing list to use as an outline!
- Match the Vibe
- Do a bit of research…I love to look up local bloggers and see what the gals there wear. If you’re traveling to a specific hotel, you can also check the Instagram geotag and get an idea of how people are dressing.
- Pick a Color Palette
- Once you know the vibe, one of the best ways to maximize outfit options and last minute adventures that pop up is to pack is with a certain aesthetic or color palette in mind. Pieces can work harder for you this way!
- Make a Mood Board
- Now that you’ve got an idea of what the vibe and color scheme is, get on Canva and get to work. Screenshot web imagery of favorite pieces that you own and ones on your wish list to ensure they’ll work together.
- Give yourself enough time to order pieces that might be missing from your trip wardrobe. I prefer pre-shopping for clothes because then there is less pressure to find something on your trip, and it’s much more fun to happen upon something than try to force it.
Vacation Outfit Inspiration
Now, What to Pack! Here are High Level Categories I Use
- Daytime Outfits
- Pool Bag
- Evening Outfits
- Makeup Bag
- Hair Pouch (Dryer, Hot Rollers, Brush)
Looking for more vacation outfit inspo? Check out our full resort edits here and here!