Our 2020 holiday cards. We like to go a little fancy for our holiday photos…excited to have George in the mix this year.
What Should I Wear for Holiday Card Photos?
It’s a question I get often. If you have a fall/winter shoot planned, we’ve rounded up dozens of our favorite coordinating pieces for the whole family. Here’s my strategy:
- Dress Mama First!
- It’s always about the littles and this is your time to get a new outfit and shine
- More is More When It Comes to Coverage
- Long sleeves and a midi length dress allows for you to move freely without worry about your angles! Fabric is flattering.
- Coordination is Key
- I love a good mama and me match more than anyone, but for holiday photos and cards, outfits that complement each other without literally matching are sophisticated and timeless. We’ve rounded up many outfits in complementing colors for the whole family here.
- Don’t Forget The Mr.
- Learn from my mistakes…Michael has beautiful jackets/sport coats, but we’re always struggling to pick which pants he should wear the night before (and they’ve ruined some of our photos if I’m being critical).
- Hair and Makeup Helps
- I don’t always get professionals involved, but I’m always happiest with the photos when I do!
- Pick a Place You’re Comfortable
- Lean on your photographers for recommendations, but sometimes taking pictures in your own yard or home yields the best results. Less stress and less room for wrinkles.
- Add a Prop
- If you’ve got little littles that aren’t walking yet (like I did a couple years ago with Jennings), have a chair as a prop so you can get some sibling photos without mama and dad in them!
- If All Else Fails…Use an Existing Photo
- Some of my favorite holiday cards are photos that aren’t taken specifically for the occasion. I like holiday photo sessions because it marks the moment in time for our family, but it’s not worth losing sleep over if you pick a pretty photo of your kids (with or without you in it!).
Scroll below to see some of our picks. Click on any image to shop!
Green is a Go for Holiday
Pastel Blue Hues
These Won't Give You The Blues
Pretty in Pinks and Reds
Neutrals Are Always In
Find our full holiday outfits for family photos edit here, updated constantly throughout the season!